Sept 19, Inferences of State
- Mirror neurons: From origin to function (PDF) - The most relevant bit is the target article (177-192).
Sept 20, Human brain development
- The emergence of functional architecture during early brain development (PDF)
- Critical period for first language: the crucial role of language input during the first year of life (PDF)
- Development of Structural and Functional Connectivity (PDF)
- Fetal and Postnatal Development of the Cortex: MRI and Genetics (PDF)
Sept 22, Genetics: Molecular, behavioral, and neurobiological approaches
- An introduction to the Genetics and Epigenetics of Human Disease. Prof. Marcus Pembrey (PDF).
- Introducing Epigenetics: A Graphic Guide. Cath Ennis.
Sept 25, Shedding Light on the Infant Brain
- A tutorial in connectome analysis: Topological and spatial features of brain networks (PDF)
- Mechanisms of Connectome Development (PDF)
- Preferential Detachment During Human Brain Development: Age- and Sex-Specific Structural Connectivity in Diffusion Tensor Imaging (DTI) Data (PDF)
- Making light work: illuminating the future of biomedical optics (PDF)
- Reduced neural sensitivity to social stimuli in infants at risk for autism (PDF)
- Illuminating the developing brain: The past, present and future of functional near infrared spectroscopy (PDF)
Sept 26, An introduction to longitudinal data analysis, structural equation modelling and Mplus
- Stability in Cognition Across Early Childhood: A Developmental Cascade (PDF)
- Introduction to the analysis of longitudinal data (PDF)
Sept 27, Pupillometry: a new window into learning
- The Pupillary System (PDF)
- New Light on the Mind’s Eye: The Pupillary Light Response as Active Vision (PDF)
- Nyström, P., Gredebäck, G., Bölte, S., & Falck-Ytter, T. (2015). Hypersensitive pupillary light reflex in infants at risk for autism. Molecular autism, 6(1), 10.
- Nyström, P., Falck-Ytter, T., & Gredebäck, G. (2016). The TimeStudio Project: An open source scientific workflow system for the behavioral and brain sciences. Behavior Research Methods, 48(2), 542-552.
Sept 28, Good practice in research
- Promoting an open research culture (PDF)
- Code of Human Research Ethics (PDF)
- A collaborative approach to infant research: Promoting reproducibility, best practices, and theory-building (PDF)
- Estimating the reproducibility of psychological science (PDF)
Sept 28, Conversational pragmatics and their influences on the interpretation of experimental results
- The social context of reasoning: Conversational inference and rational judgement (PDF)
- The Gricean Turn in Psychology (PDF)